Have a small fear that your car might stall and you'll have a freak out? Stay calm. If you are driving down the road and your car suddenly dies, you need to know how to avoid a crash.
What you will need:
• A car with a manual transmission
• A cool head
Step 1: Don't panic
Do not panic. Panic will only distort your judgment and increase your chances of causing an accident.
Step 2: Depress pedals
Depress the clutch and brake pedals simultaneously.
Step 3: Put the car in neutral
Place the shifter in neutral.
Step 4: Turn the key to start
Turn the key to the start position until the engine is running. You may need to repeat this several times.
Step 5: Move the shifter to first
Move the shifter to first gear.
Step 6: Work the pedals
Slowly remove your foot from the clutch while slowly pressing down on the gas pedal. Proceed slowly.
Step 7: Drive
Continue on your merry way.
Tip: In 1904 the Sturtevant brothers invented the first automatic transmission.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades