Keyless entry remotes are great, but they don't always work how you want them to. One of the most common complaints is that they just don't reach far enough, and there's nothing more annoying when you can't remember where you parked. After all, what's the point of having "remote" entry if you have to be right next to the car for it to work?
Surprisingly, the key to fixing this is actually in your head. If you touch the remote to your head while pressing the button, you can unlock your car from a further distance. For even better results, hold it under your chin and open your mouth.
According to radio engineer Tim Pozar, you're essentially turning your skull into an antenna. The fluids in your head make it a good enough conductor to actually increase the range of your key fob.
Still skeptical? Watch the video below to see the trick in action.
So, if you want to make your car remote more effective, just use your head. You may get some funny looks, but it just might save you a trip outside the next time your car alarm goes off.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades