In today's Silicon Alley Insider, the legendary Apple founder, Steve Wozniak, says "his new Toyota Prius occasionally goes insane on the highway--and that it's a software problem, not a hardware problem. He has tried to tell Toyota and the US government, but they won't listen."
Scary. Wozniak's says his 2010 Toyota Prius will "unintentionally accelerate to as much as 97 miles (156 kilometers) per hour when he uses cruise control to increase his speed".
If Wozniak says the Prius has a software problem (beyond the well documented hardware problem), you've got to take this Toyota safety problem all the more seriously.
This accompanying HowTo by Consumer Reports presciently analyzes what to do when your Toyota accelerates on its own. Surprisingly, the solution is less intuitive that you might imagine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades