Worried about your next drive in the rain? Do you feel you & your car are not prepared? Stay safe in a downpour with these tips to handle slippery, wet pavement and reduced visibility.
You Will Need:
• Quality tires and windshield wipers
• Rain dispersant
• Awareness of driving conditions
Step 1: Be prepared
Check your windshield wipers and tires for wear and keep your tires properly inflated. Treat your windshield with a rain dispersant.
Step 2: Be aware
Pay attention to changes in driving conditions during rain. Visibility and traction will be reduced.
Step 3: Light up
Turn on your headlights when you engage your windshield wipers. You'll see better and be visible to other drivers.
Step 4: Slow down
Slow down to avoid hydroplaning. If you speed, a thin layer of water can develop between your tires and the road, leading to loss of control.
Step 5: Be smooth
Avoid sudden stops and quick acceleration on wet roads, as these can lead to skids.
Step 6: Know your brakes
Prevent skids by using a gentle pumping action with standard brakes and applying a firm, even pressure to anti-lock brakes.
Step 7: Swerve if you have to
Swerve to avoid a collision. Anti-lock brakes will let you steer without releasing the brakes.
Trivia: A 1 inch rainfall equals 22,651 gallons of water per acre, which weighs over 100 tons.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades