Accidents are the worst. They're costly, time consuming and an all around pain in the butt. Rear-end collisions are among the most common types of accidents on the road. Take these simple precautions to avoid a rear-end collision.
You Will Need:
• A well-maintained vehicle
• An observant eye
Step 1: Maintain your vehicle
Check your brakes, tires, and suspension each year. Besides working brakes, your car needs good tire traction and a tight suspension to stop properly.
Step 2: Look ahead
Look ahead to anticipate traffic slowdowns and stops. Watch for brake lights, and look beyond the cars directly in front of you.
Step 3: Look behind
Keep an eye on traffic behind you, too. Lose tailgaters by changing lanes or slowly decelerating until they pass.
Step 4: Keep pace
Keep pace with traffic. Avoid driving much slower or faster than the other cars on the road.
Step 5: Follow the two-second rule
Leave enough room ahead for a sudden stop. Notice when the car in front passes a fixed object, such as a road sign. If you reach the same point before you can count to two slowly, you are following too closely.
Step 6: Signal and brake early
Give the drivers behind you plenty of notice before you turn, change lanes, or slow down. When traffic ahead slows, tap your brakes to alert the cars behind. Then brake gently and smoothly. Don't slam on the brakes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades